Equipment checkout policy - non-academic year
During the academic year, DAI equipment may only be checked out to students and faculty in DAI courses
Equipment checkout not during the academic year may be permitted if:
- It is being used for research/creative activity
- It is being used for course or curriculum development
- It is being used to fulfill requirements of an academic course
- The student is actively pursuing a major in the Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts
According to UNL Bylaws 5.1.2, “No University of Nebraska property belonging to UNL shall be put to private use except as permitted under Section 3.4.5 of the Regents Bylaws and further provided that this section shall not preclude the use of such property in connection with research or other academic activities.”
Equipment checkout agreement - non-academic year
• You are solely responsible for the equipment that you check out, including all accessories.
• According to UNL Bylaws 5.1.2, “No University of Nebraska property belonging to UNL shall be put to private use except as permitted under Section 3.4.5 of the Regents Bylaws and further provided that this section shall not preclude the use of such property in connection with research or other academic activities.”
• The University of Nebraska-Lincoln maintains full ownership and control of this equipment and its use. Under no circumstances may it be loaned to another person or institution.
• Equipment checkout and return may be arranged by contacting Digital Media Associate Michael Reinmiller, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Equipment is due back by 4pm on the day agreed upon in the request.
• If equipment is not checked in on time, you will not be able to check out any other equipment until the late equipment is returned. If the equipment is more than 14 days late it will be reported to the UNL Police as stolen UNL property. For each day the equipment is late, students will be charged $5 for each item. Until the fine is paid, a hold will be placed on your records/registration.
• Equipment will be made available for check out on a first-come, first-served basis.
• You will be charged for lost, stolen, or damaged equipment.
• Check your camera bag, etc. before leaving. You are responsible to ensure it has everything (such as chargers, batteries, cables, etc.) you need.
All equipment must be physically returned to Richards 17 for a check in to be completed before any additional checkout.
Click Here to see available equipment